The Project "Unlocking Animal Food Quality Research Potential in Baltic Region by Developing Scientific and Technical Capacities of the Research Institute "Sigra"
The scope of the project is to develop S&T potential of the promising research centre of Latvia - Research Institute Sigra, in order to enforce high level research on animal feed and food quality in collaboration with research teams from other EU countries, as well as contribute to the development of research capacity of Baltic region and its integration in the European Research Area.
Long term objective:
To stimulate realization of full research potential of the enlarged European Union by unlocking and developing existing research potential in one of the convergence regions - Baltic.
Short term objectives:
1. To strengthen capacity of researchers of the Research Institute Sigra to participate at EU level in the research projects and activities on animal feed and food quality.
2. To improve technical capacity of the Research Institute Sigra to carry out high quality research on animal feed and food quality and their impact on consumers health.
3. To promote collaboration with other research institutions in European Research Area, having similar scientific interest in order to use research capacity more synergetic and efficiently.
Main activities planned:
1. Secondments of research staff.
2. Development of "Collaboration Research Program".
3. Acquisition and development of research equipment.
4. Conferences and workshop, organised by the RI Sigra.
5. Participation in international exhibitions and congresses, in order to disseminate information about the project and the research institute.
6. Publishing and dissemination of the brochure.
7. Publications in scientific journals.
1. RTD capacity and the quality of research upgraded.
2. Better integration of the research team of RI Sigra in the European Research Area (ERA) achieved.
3. The capacity of RI Sigra for participation in FP7 projects improved.
Duration of the project - 36 months.
Total budget - EUR 1100000.